Attention hoopers and flow artists!
It is nearing the time of year again to celebrate the sacred circle. The St. Louis hoop club and friends are preparing to launch the annual event World Hoop Day St Louis! Upon many exciting workshops, vendors, visiting flow artists, and giveaways, returning to this years event is a performance flowcase showcase. The artist flowcase is volunteer and will take place both nights of the event October 4th and 5th around dark. Exact locations TBA.
About the Process…
Are you eager to share your flow as a soloist, or apart of a dynamic duo or trio ready for a spotlight? This is a great opportunity to present your work, your flow, and your art with your peers of the St. Louis and surrounding flow community. You may be a new upcoming artist or troupe, an established group, or a free to be flowing dancer. The flowcase is open to dancers and manipulators of all props and styles. There are just a few audition requirements listed below. These questions will help us get to know you. Portions of your response may be used to formally introduce your act and promote the event.
1. A short artist bio including name, primary location of practice or performances, number of years/ months flowing, and prop(s) of choice.
2. What inspired you to be apart of the flowcase at World Hoop Day St. Louis?
3. (Optional question(s) What does the hoop, wheel, circle mean to you? How has the hoop/wheel/circle influenced your life? How has the hoop/wheel/circle been a reoccurring symbol in your life? How has the hoop/wheel/circle influenced your performance piece? Relate to the hoop.
4. What prop(s) will be used? Will there be fire? (Do you plan to provide a reputable safety?) How many people are in the act? List the name of song, artist, and length. Do you have costume ideas? (Costume can be casual or the sky is the limit, must look thought out). Will props need to be pre-placed on stage? What night is preferred for your performance OR state that you are available both nights.
5. Video submission emailed to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
by Sept 22nd for review by WHD committee. Does not need to be 100% but must look rehearsed. Costume is not necessary but does help. All will receive constructive feedback. Song will need to be emailed by Sept 28th and must be in an iTunes readable format.